Ag Mags & Ag Venture Worksheets4-Page Colorful Ag Magazines for Kids
The Illinois Farm Bureau® Ag Mags are 4-page, colorful agricultural magazines for kids. They contain information about agriculture, bright pictures, classroom activities, and agricultural careers. Contact Cook County Farm Bureau® to receive copies for your classroom at 708-354-3276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ag Mags are FREE if picked up from the Farm Bureau office in Countryside. Shipping costs will apply if mailed. Click on a title to download a particular AgMag. We suggest that teachers reuse Ag Mags from year to year.
Green titles are out of stock and not available to order but the online, interactive version can be enjoyed by clicking on the title.
- Apples: Explore apple production, history, growth, and varieties. Strong focus on Social Sciences standards.
- Beef: A look at nutritional value, cuts of beef, products, breeds and the stomachs of ruminant animals. Focus on Physical Development and Health standards.
- Careers: A look at jobs in agriculture, both farming and non-farming, and projected employment opportunities. Strong Social Science correlation.
- Corn: A look at corn, diversity of products and a strong emphasis on corn as a renewable resource for use in ethanol and corn plastic.
- Dairy: Follow the route of dairy from the farm to the store to your home to your body. Emphasis on Nutrition.
- Horse: Have you ever wondered why horses wear shoes or what horsepower means? This newly created Ag Mag answers these questions and many more.
- Horticulture: Explore the science of growing fruits, vegetables, flowers or ornamental plants and the many career options in this diverse field.
- Illinois History: From founding fathers to state symbols, explore the history of Illinois and its amazing people and inventions.
- Livestock: Focuses on livestock production which is an important part of Illinois agriculture.
- Nutrition: Focuses on consumption agriculture and uses the food guide pyramid and exercise to optimize nutrition and fitness. Emphasis on Physical Development and Health.
- Pizza: Explains the connection to one of America's favorite food to the farm. From crust to toppings, explore how the pizza ingredients gets from the farm to you.
- Pollinators: What are pollinators and how can we help them? Delve into this important topic to learn how pollinators are a critical link in our food system.
- Pork: Care of livestock as well as a strong emphasis on the environmental aspect of pork production.
- Poultry: Explore the wonder of embryonic development and the structure and function of an egg and dive into the age-old question which came first...the chicken or the egg?
- Pumpkin: Language, Science and Social Science standards are addressed through genetics, blossom dissection, Thanksgiving and Halloween.
- Renewable Energy: Focuses on all aspects of energy including the history of it and tips for going green.
- Seasons: Showcases how the seasons of Illinois are perfect for not only corn and soybeans but many specialty crops as well.
- Soil: Erosion, soil profiles and usable land for food production are examined through Science-based standards. Newly updated.
- Soybeans: The versatile soybean is examined with an emphasis on Nutrition, Economics and Geography. Math and Science standards are also addressed in this issue.
- Specialty Crop: Illinois is know for its corn and soybean production, but learn all about the many specialty crops grown in Illinois.
- Tree: Environmental information on trees, focusing on how to care for trees, why they are important and careers involved with trees.
- Urban: Focuses on different forms of Agriculture in urban areas including rooftop gardens, farmers' markets and food distribution.
- Water: Updated 2021, the water cycle, water transportation, water pollution and water conservation are addressed through IL standards.
- Wheat: Illinois produces soft winter red wheat which is used to produce cereals, cakes, glues, pastes and more. Learn about this grass plant from drilling to milling.
AgVenture Activity Pages:
These one-page activity worksheets are meant to pair with each individual Ag Mag. Click on a title below to print worksheet.
- Apple Worksheet
- Beef Worksheet
- Corn Worksheet
- Dairy Worksheet
- History of Illinois Worksheet
- Horse Worksheet
- Pollinator Worksheet
- Pork Worksheet
- Poultry Worksheet
- Pumpkin Worksheet
- Soil Worksheet
- Soybean Worksheet
- Water Worksheet
- Wheat Worksheet
You will also enjoy our Ag Mag Scavenger Hunt that can can be paired with any of the Ag Mag titles.