One Pot Wonder Chicken Lo MeinLindsay Hodges, Mt. Prospect
- ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 - 13.25 to 16 oz. box of linguini or fettuccini pasta, broken in half (I use whole wheat)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut in thin 3 inch long strips
- 1-2 medium red bell pepper, cut in thin 3 inch long strips
- Other vegetables as you like – I’ve added broccoli, snow peas, zucchini, summer squash, etc. to this recipe and they all work great!
- 1 bunch green onions, white part sliced and green part cut in 3 inch long strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c soy sauce
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t corn starch
- 1 t sugar
- ½ t red pepper flakes
- 4 c chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 t extra virgin olive oil
Add the cut up chicken, then the pasta, then the remaining ingredients to a large stockpot and cover. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until most of the liquid is gone and the chicken is cooked through. Remove the lid and let the dish rest for 5 minutes before serving.