How Can I Help?
Make a Donation to the Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation
Your Gifts Change Lives!
Contributors to the Cook County Farm Bureau® Foundation are forward-looking people who know that human life depends on the food and fiber provided by farmers and who know that this important message must reach urban consumers in Cook County.
The CCFB Foundation gratefully accepts donations to support agricultural programs in the areas of Education, Scholarships, Leadership and Research. We are a non-profit, charitable organization formed under the IRS Code 501(c)(3) in which donors' contributions and gifts are tax-deductible in accordance with Code Section 170. (Please consult your tax advisor for guidance).
Volunteer for Foundation Sponsored Ag Literacy Activities
- Ag Days - We host over 1,000 3rd grade students at several "farm" locations in March, April and May. We are in need of volunteers to help in the preparation of the events and assisting during the events. Contact Diane at email@example.com for details.
- Library "Farm Books" Reading Program - We work with various libraries in the Country to set up reading programs for agriculturally related children's books. We are seeking individuals to serve as the reading volunteers as available.
- Supporting Entrepreneurship in Urban Agriculture Grants - We are in need of volunteers to evaluate the grant request submissions from students and/or help mentor students seeking to create their own small agriculturally based business.
- Summer Day Camp - We partner with the Chicago High School for Ag Science to host a week-long "summer camp" to provide kids ages 7-10 with agricultural experiences and interactive knowledge. Volunteer help will help with coordination, registration and supervision of the program.
Other Donation Options
Monetary donations may be sent or presented in person to:
Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation
6438 Joliet Road
Countryside, IL 60525
Click here for a donation form to assist you in the process or Contact Bob or Melanie at (708)354-3276.
Recognition levels on the Wall of Honor displayed at the Cook County Farm Bureau Office:
- Emerald - $50,000+
- Sapphire - $20,000
- Diamond - $10,000
- Platinum - $5,000
- Gold - $1,000
- Silver - $250
- Bronze - $100
Items of Value
Items of value will be placed in the Foundation Silent Auction which is held annually in November. Examples of donations include, but are not limited to: destination trips, sports memorabilia, antiques, tools, services, collectibles, Christmas decorations, event tickets, household goods and more! Contact Bob or Melanie at 708-354-3276 for donation procedures or additional information.
Land, Estate, Stock, or Memorial Requests
Contact Bob or Melanie at 708-354-3276 for additional information or to discuss the process to donate assets to the CCFB Foundation.
In 2000, the Foundation Board contracted with Master Craftsman and Jim Gutzmer for the construction and creation of our Donor Wall of Honor. Donors have the ability to move up the recognition "ladder" as gifts accumulate from year to year.
Other Areas of Recognition...
- Thank yous to "larger" donors (single monetary donations of $100 or more) are published periodically in the Co-Operator, the monthly publication of the Cook County Farm Bureau.
- Donors of Silent Auction Items and winning silent auction bidders are recognized in the Co-Operator following the Annual November Silent Auction as a part of the Member Appreciation Banquet.
- The Top 25 Individual and Top 10 business donors to the CCFB Foundation are recognized annually as a part of the Annual Silent Auction materials.