2019 Foundation Scholarship Applications
The Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation has opened the 21st Annual “Farm and Food” Agricultural Scholarship Program. The Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation is offering college students the opportunity to start or continue his/her higher education with a scholarship. Last year, the Foundation provided eight scholarships ranging from $1,000-$3,000 each.
The Board will name the top applicant as the Howard Paarlberg Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship recipient. The Foundation will award a scholarship (s) to college students pursuing agricultural related fields of study. The Conserv FS FFA Scholarship for $1,000 will also be offered to a High School Senior in an approved FFA Program.
The Foundation Board has set the following criteria for the scholarship program:
• Applications must be completed and submitted to the CCFB Foundation by February 15, 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
• All applicants must be members or dependents of members in good standing with the Cook County Farm Bureau for at least one year. (With the exception of the Conserv FS FFA Award for area high school FFA students)
• All applicants must be high school graduates accepted for enrollment by, or currently enrolled at, an accredited college, university, or community college.
• All applicants must be pursuing a field of study in agriculture, agri-business, or an agricultural related major with a focus on an ag-related career (food, fuel or fiber).
• Scholarships will be awarded following application evaluation for exceptional academic ability, financial need, demonstrated interest in agriculture, evidence of self-help, and character.
For more information or an application, please contact the Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation at 708-354-3276 or print an application out from our website at cookcfb.org/foundation/scholarships.
What is an Agricultural Career? Here are a few examples and there are so many more careers!
Nutritionist Large Animal Veterinarian Forestry Management