This Month in Cook County Agriculture
Visit Cook County Farm Bureau® member Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Centers for all your planting needs this Spring! Their plantings, flowers, trees and shrubs are gorgeous and of the highest quality.
For all your landscaping needs, skip the big box stores and patronize your fellow Farm Bureau member businesses this spring.
For a listing of Greenhouses and Garden Centers, please visit:
- Exclusive Member Discounts available at the following member farm, greenhouse and garden center for all your Spring planting needs!
- Goebbert's Farm and Garden Center | 847-428-6727 |40 W Higgins Rd, South Barrington 10% off any purchase of bedding plants, flowering plants, produce, vegetables and fall festivals.
- Open Daily 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Ted's Greenhouse | 708-532-3575 |16930 S. 84th Avenue, Tinley Park CCFB members receive 10% off their total retail purchase including perennials, annuals, ferns, shrubs, cactus, succulents, fruit and vegetable plants. *Restrictions may apply.
- Zeldenrust Farm Market & Greenhouse| 708-758-5085 |1001 Glenwood-Dyer Rd, Chicago Heights 10%discount on Flowers and Christmas Items (discount excludes vegetables)
Monday thru Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- The annual meeting of The Chicago Farmers is scheduled for Monday, May 13, 2019 at noon at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, 2030 S. LaSalle St., Chicago, IL 60604. To register online, go to www.chicagofarmers.org
- The Illinois Farm Bureau is hosting the 2nd annual Taste of Illinois at this year’s Illinois Farm Bureau Annual Meeting on Sunday, December 8 from 5 to 8 pm. The organization is seeking farmers and products for locally produced and sourced ingredients for the meal/event that will be featured for the 2,500 members attending from throughout the state. The Palmer House Chef will prepare the menu. If you are interested in providing food, drink and or centerpieces for this event, please contact the Cook County Farm Bureau at 708-354-3276 and we will help coordinate with the Illinois Farm Bureau.
This article is for local farmstands, farmers’ markets, chefs and restaurants, and organizations that are hosting farm-related activities, events, workshops, and gatherings that will occur soon.
To promote your activity, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-354-3276 by the 15th of the month. Please include your name, the event date/time, a one- sentence description of the event, and how a reader can obtain further information in the email. We will edit submissions based on space allowances in the publication.
In addition, we will post farm, garden, or livestock related photos on our social media platform if you forward those to email@example.com.