This Month in Cook County Agriculture
- Farm Crawl Cook County 2019 is Saturday September 14th 10 Am – 4 PM. This free, family friendly event in it’s 3rd year, has more than 23 farms and Ag businesses waiting for you & your passport! For details and to receive a passport, email Debbie: email@example.com or online at: https://cookcfb.org/stay-updated/upcoming-events/event/2019/09/14/farm-crawl-2019 for info and passport.
- Make & Take Fall Planter at Horcher Farms & Flowers, Wheeling – on Saturday September 14th at 10 AM. Pre-registration and $25.00 fee – please call the Farm Bureau at 708-354-3276 or register online at the Member Center. Great way to start the Farm Crawl! Details at: https://cookcfb.org/stay-updated/upcoming-events/event/2019/09/14/make-a-fall-planter-horcher-farm-and-flowers
- Tickets are on sale and going fast for the 6th Annual Smart Farm-to-Table Dinner, hosted by The Smart Farm, Barrington, IL on Saturday, September 14, 5:30 to 9:30 pm. Tickets and details at http://smartfarms.org/events/. 490 W Il Rt 22, Lk Barrington | 847-875-2060.
- Bonfire and Barn Dance, Sept 15th 4-8 PM at Historic Wagner Farm in Glenview!Bring the family to the farm for a night filled with Fall fun for all. Wagon rides, live music, dancing, roast s’mores and storytelling by the fire. 2 & under are free - $5 for others. 1510 Wagner Rd, Glenview 60025 | 847-657-1506. https://www.glenviewparks.org/historicwagnerfarm/
- Save the Date: Fairway Farms & Apiary of Cog Hill Golf & Country Club will host a Farm-to-Table Dinner on Wednesday, September 25. Contact Angelica Carmen, Sustainability Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. 12294 Archer Ave, Lemont, 60439 | (866) 264-4455.
- Melka’s Landscaping & Garden Center is hosting their annual Fall Festival on Saturday, September 28th 10am-3pm. This free family, all ages event offers craft/vendor fair, pony rides, petting zoo, food trucks, prizes and of course – fall decor. Fall Planter Workshop registration is also open. Details can be found at https://www.jimmelkalandscaping.com/. 708-349-6989 11606 179th St, Mokena 60448.
This article is for local farmstands, farmers’ markets, chefs and restaurants, and organizations that are hosting farm-related activities, events, workshops, and gatherings that will occur soon. To promote your activity, email email@example.com or call 708-354-3276 by the 15th of the month. Please include your name, the event date/time, a short description of the event, and how a reader can obtain further information in the email. We will edit submissions based on space allowances in the publication. In addition, we will post farm, garden, or livestock related photos on our social media platform if you forward those to firstname.lastname@example.org.