Will-South Cook Soil and Water Conservation District Conservation Education Scholarships
In the spring of 2020, the Will-South Cook Soil and Water Conservation District will again be awarding three $1,000 scholarships to a Will / South Cook County high school senior who expects to major in agriculture or natural resources at any accredited college or accredited school of higher learning.
The purpose of the scholarships is to further the cause of soil and water conservation by helping a deserving student pursue the subject at an advanced educational level.
Application forms may be picked up at local High School Guidance Offices in Will and South Cook County and are also available at the District office located at 1201 S. Gougar Road, New Lenox, IL 60451. The application form may be pickup during normal office hours 8:00am-4:30pm or it can be sent upon request by calling 815-462-3106 and select 3.
DEADLINE: To be considered, the completed application and required letters of recommendation must be submitted by February 3, 2020.
- Applicant must live within the boundaries of the District (i.e., in Will County or in South Cook County, south of 22nd Street). See map in the District office if in doubt.
- Applicant must attend an accredited college or accredited school of higher learning in the 2020/21 school year.
- Applicant will be expected to be interested in environmental science, horticulture, wildlife, soil, water and other natural resources.
- There is no requirement to substantiate financial need.
- Successful candidates will be announced in late February 2020. The decision of the Will-South Cook Soil and Water Conservation District's Board of Directors will be final.
- Scholarship money will be paid directly to the institution for the second term of the 2020/21 school year.
- It is the recipient’s responsibility to inform the District on the details of how to make the payment.