Young Leaders presents Coats to Together We Cope
Young Leaders presents coats to Together We Cope. Young leader Chairman Jessica Biernacki, with Kristen Yunker and Rebecca Biernacki, presented five large bags of coats that were generously donated by various Cook County Farm Bureau members to benefit the Together We Cope charity in Tinley Park.
The 501 (c)(3) charity supports over 27 communities in the southwestern area of Cook County.
Left to right: Kristen Yunker, Rebecca Biernacki, Lena (Assistant Manager for Together We Cope), and Jessica Biernacki.
About Together We Cope:
- Located in Tinley Park at 17010 Oak Park Ave.
- A homelessness prevention agency based in Tinley Park, Illinois. We serve 27 communities in four townships (Orland, Palos, and Bremen townships and the suburban part of Worth Township) in Chicago’s south suburbs. Our mission is to bridge the gap for Southland residents in temporary crisis.
- Helps people stay in their homes during unexpected temporary financial problems
- Provides basic necessities during a financial downturn (food, shampoo, diapers and clothing. We help with prescriptions, past due rent, mortgage, utility payments, school supplies and Christmas presents for children). Help with food, clothing and referrals helps to prevent their homelessness because it allows more of their limited money to continue to be spent on housing, utilities, and medical needs while they work hard to get back on their feet again.
- Helps people in Alsip • Blue Island • Bridgeview • Chicago Ridge • Country Club Hills • Crestwood • Evergreen Park • Garden Homes • Harvey • Hazel Crest • Hickory Hills • Hometown • Homewood • Markham • Merrionette Park • Midlothian • Oak Forest • Oak Lawn • Orland Hills • Orland Park • Palos Heights • Palos Hills • Palos Park • Posen • Robbins • Tinley Park and Worth.