Five things members should know about the Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation...
1. The Foundation was started 33 years ago to help fund agricultural literacy in Cook County.
2. The Foundation gratefully accepts tax deductible donations from members, agribusiness and other entities to help expand programming and efforts in the area of agricultural literacy.
3. The Foundation started a scholarship program in 1999 for members and member dependents seeking agriculturally related careers. It has provided 172 scholarships and $256,000 in support of members higher education needs since that time.
4. The Foundation sponsors a number of Ag Literacy programs during the year that help teach kids about where their food comes from, who produces food, fiber and fuel, and various careers related to agriculture.
5. Nearly 100% of the donations and contributions provided to the Foundation go directly toward the mission of enhancing agriculture literacy.