5 Things members should know about the Political Action Committee of the Cook County Farm Bureau®...
1. Cook County Farm Bureau Political Action Committee (Cook CFB PAC) is a political organization designed to promote the economic and social well-being of individuals, farmers, businesses, and agricultural-related interests in Cook County through non-partisan political involvement. Cook CFB PAC is organized under the strict guidelines of the Illinois State Board of Elections.
2. Cook CFB PAC encourages members to become more aware of and engaged in the electoral process. Additionally, it provides support to those candidates supportive of Farm Bureau and our policies.
3. Since its inception, the PAC has made 50 endorsements. Not all incumbents. Not all challengers. Not all major party candidates. But candidates who the Governance Committee members felt would make the largest impact on their district and the county.
4. Cook CFB PAC has the option to award Cook County Commissioners with a “Friend of the Farm Bureau” award. The award program recognizes Cook County Commissioners with outstanding voting records on issues of importance to the Farm Bureau. Additionally, this award program increases commissioners’ awareness of the organization and its policies.
5. The PAC has awarded 42 “Friend of the Farm Bureau” awards since the program’s inception in 2010.