5 Things you should know about...The Cook County Farm Bureau Ag Literacy Team
1. Team members are volunteers within the Cook County Farm Bureau with a strong interest in expanding agricultural literacy and education in Cook County.
2. Team members come from a diverse background including farming, horticulture, education/teaching, health/nutrition, and specialty crop production.
3. The Ag Literacy team’s responsibilities were originally carried out by the Cook County Farm Bureau Women's Committee and later by the Ag in the Classroom Committee.
4. The team works with Farm Bureau staff and contracted Ag in the Classroom presenters to deliver virtual and hands-on agricultural educational content and experiences to K-12th grade students within the Cook County region.
5. The Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation supports the financial aspects of the Team’s programming and Illinois Ag in the Classroom provides support materials and resources to assist in the Ag Literacy Team efforts.
Note: members interested in participating in the Ag Literacy Team or in supporting their goals and objectives can contact Diane Merrion, Director of Ag Literacy for the Cook County Farm Bureau, at email@example.com.