5 Things you should know about the Young Leaders Team...
1. The Cook County Farm Bureau Board of Directors established this group in 2013 following an exploratory picnic of potential members at Kopping Farms in Lemont as a way to involve a younger set of members and develop leadership skills within the group.
2. Farm Bureau members ages 18-35 with an interest in agriculture, leadership development, and public service are eligible to participate in the group.
3. Since its creation, the group has provided social outreach through donations to the Greater Chicago Food Depository, coordinated packing events at Feed My Starving Children and the Greater Chicago Food Depository, collected hundreds of toys for the Toybox Connection in Orland Park for Christmas gifts, collected and donated hundreds of coats to Together We Cope in Tinley Park, supported organizational efforts with Food Checkout Day benefit for Ronald McDonald House and area food pantries, and much more!
4. The past two years, the team has participated in the Illinois Farm Bureau Adopt-a-Classroom program by working with the third grade classroom in Summit and teacher Eva Manzski by providing farm-related videos, lesson plans, and in person Q&A sessions.
5. This group enjoys hosting fun experiences through barbecues, Top Golf, Whirlyball, snowmobiling, zip lining, go carting, escape rooms, and more!
For members interested in learning more about the group, please contact the Cook County Farm Bureau at 708-354-3276 or email Tom Poole, chairman, email@example.com.