Recipe of the MonthYour choice Rangoon
- 1 c chopped savoy cabbage
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ c onion and garlic mix
- 3 T soy sauce if using pork/chicken
- 3 T fish sauce if using fish/seafood
- 1 T dried cayenne pepper flakes
- ¼ c fresh parsley or cilantro
- ½ t sea salt and ½ t pepper
- ⅓ lb meat or seafood choice: pork, chicken, pan fish fillets, salmon, shrimp or crab meat
- 1 package Won Ton wrappers, (about 20)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 c vegetable or canola oil for cooking
Mix meat/seafood choice with all ingredients (no egg) in a bowl and chill. Lay out won ton wrappers and brush with whisked egg. Spoon 1 heaping T of chilled filling mix onto prepared individual wrapper and fold to close and seal. Heat oil to a med/high heat, add wrapped ragoon, 6 at a time to oil, cook until golden, turning once. Cooking is swift so don’t burn or over cook. With slotted spoon, remove and dry on paper towel. Enjoy with or without dipping sauce of choice. View or Download all 2022 Recipes Online at: https://cookcfb.org/discover-local/recipes
We need your recipes for the soon to be…2023!
Have a recipes using, fresh, local ingredients that your wanting to share – consider submitting to be a part of the CCFB 2023 Recipe Booklet by: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail: CCFB/Recipes 6438 Joliet Rd Countryside, IL 60525.