Agri-tourism Tax Credit available for '22 tax year
Members who have a business that fits into the definition of agri-tourism may qualify for a tax credit for the taxable year beginning on or after January 1, 2022 and ending on or before December 31, 2022.
Agritourism operation an individual or entity that carries out agricultural activities on agricultural property and allows members of the general public, for recreational, entertainment, or educational purposes, to view or enjoy those activities.
Agri-tourism activities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Harvest your own or you pick operations
- Agricultural crop mazes
- Animal exhibitions or petting zoos
- Guided or self-guided tours including school tours
- Horseback or pony rides
- Hayrides are sleigh rides
- Storied, cultural and on-site educational programs
Agritourism activities DO NOT include the following activities:
- Amusement rides
- Off-road biking or motorized off-highway or all-terrain vehicle activities
- Boating, swimming, canoeing, hiking, camping, skiing, bounce houses, or similar activities
- Entertainment venues such as weddings or concerts
Deadline to apply for 2022 Tax Year is February 28, 2023. Information and the application can be found at: LINK
Please email any questions to AGR.AgritourismTax@illinois.gov.