Create a Farm Enterprise -Where's the $ in your yard?
When: Saturday, April 14, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM to Noon
Where: Cook County Farm Bureau Meeting Room
Fee: $20.00-member fee; $30 non-member
Registration: Pre-Registration is REQUIRED by Wed. April 11th
Due to space limitations and material preparation. For more information and to register, call the Cook County Farm Bureau at 708-354-3276; on-line registration for members at the Member Center at cookcfb.org.
Join the growing agricultural community who are creating adventures in their backyard by growing food, producing honey and finding natural resource opportunities on their property or for land they are looking to purchase. By looking outside the box and finding your niche enterprise you may be able to make a little or a lot of money.
Need ideas for putting your land to work for you? Or do you have an idea and need to know what to do next? Whether it is starting a backyard farm or keeping it simple by raising honey bees, this workshop will help you evaluate your options as you begin planning your enterprise. If you live in the country, suburbs or an urban area, and are interested in earning additional revenue from your land consider joining us at the Cook County Farm Bureau in Countryside, IL on Saturday, April 14, 2018 from 9:00 AM to Noon.
This workshop will provide practical, common-sense information to explore starting an ag enterprise including:
- Evaluating Your Resource: Land, soil, water, people
- Accessing the Help You Need: Training and educational opportunities
- Marketing Your Products: Finding a market
- Cook Co Do’s and Don’ts for Ag: Rules/ Regs you need to know
- Business Planning Tools: planning and analyzing the finances of the farm
- Risk: Legal and Liability Considerations: Risks to think about, insurance to consider
- Moving Your Ag Enterprise from “Paper” to "Business": Finding land and money
- Realities from the Farm: producers share their experiences
Cook County Farm Bureau Meeting Room6438 Joliet Road Countryside, IL 60525