Create a Farm Enterprise Course
When: Saturday, February 22, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM to Noon
Where: Cook County Farm Bureau Meeting Room
Fee: $10 member fee; $20 non-member
Registration: Pre-Registration is REQUIRED by Friday, Feb 14th Due to space limitations and material preparation.
Call Deb at the Cook County Farm Bureau at 708-354-3276; on-line registration for members at the Member Center.
Need ideas for putting your land to work for you by creating an ag enterprise? Do you have an idea and need to know what to do next? Join us for the “Creating a Farm Enterprises Workshop at the Cook County Farm Bureau and learn how Whether you live in the country, suburbs, or an urban area, this workshop will help you start a farm or keep it.
This workshop will provide practical, common-sense information to explore starting an ag enterprise including:
- Evaluating Your Resource: Land, soil, water, people
- Accessing the Help You Need: Training and educational opportunities
- Marketing Your Products: Finding a market
- Cook Co Do’s and Don’ts for Ag: Rules/ Regs you need to know
- Business Planning Tools: planning and analyzing the finances of the farm
- Risk: Legal and Liability Considerations: Risks to think about, insurance to consider
- Moving Your Ag Enterprise from “Paper” to "Business": Finding land and money
- Realities from the Farm: producers share their experiences
Cook County Farm Bureau Meeting Room6438 Joliet Road Countryside, IL 60525