2021 Foundation Scholarship Applications Being Accepted
The Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation has opened the 23rd Annual “Farm and Food” Agricultural Scholarship Program. The Foundation is offering college students the opportunity to start or continue their higher education with a scholarship. Last year, the Foundation provided twelve scholarships ranging from $1,000-$2,500 each.
The Board will name the top applicant as the Howard Paarlberg Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship recipient. The Foundation will award a scholarship(s) to college students pursuing agricultural related fields of study. The Conserv FS FFA Scholarship for $1,000 will also be offered to individuals in Cook County involved past or present in an approved FFA Program.
The Foundation Board has set the following criteria for the scholarship program:
• Applications must be completed and submitted to the CCFB Foundation by February 15, 2021. Late applications will not be considered. Much of the application can be submitted electronically.
• All applicants must be members or dependents of members in good standing with the Cook County Farm Bureau for at least one year (with the exception of the Conserv FS FFA Award).
• All applicants must be high school graduates accepted for enrollment by, or currently enrolled at, an accredited college, university, or community college.
• All applicants must be pursuing a field of study in agriculture, agri-business, or an agricultural related major with a focus on an ag-related career (food, fuel, or fiber).
• Scholarships will be awarded following application evaluation for exceptional academic ability, financial need, demonstrated interest in agriculture, evidence of self-help, and character.
For more information or an application, please contact the Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation at 708-354-3276 or print out an application and Click Here.
What is an Agricultural Career? Farming, of course, but so much more! Here are a few other examples and there are so many more careers!
|Large Animal Veterinarian