Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation to Support Healthcare Providers
Cook County healthcare providers in need of continuing education credits or looking to expand their knowledge of issues facing individuals in agriculture are encouraged to consider FarmResponse on-demand training.
FarmResponse is a 3.5-hour continuing education course developed by national experts from the AgriStress Response Network. AgriSafe’s FarmResponse course provides the full range of competencies necessary to provide appropriate mental healthcare for agricultural producers and their families. This knowledge is critical for a healthcare professional to effectively care for a farmer’s total health.
Course learning objectives include
- Identifying agricultural financial stress factors
- Naming work challenges inherent in different types of agricultural production
- Identifying the primary acute and chronic health conditions in individuals working in agriculture
- Identifying diverse cultures found within farming
- Identifying the impact of farming cultures on farmer mental health and health-seeking behaviors
- Identifying the special challenges faced by minority and marginalized groups in agriculture
- Identifying the impact of opioids and alcohol in the agricultural community
- Identifying suicide rates in agricultural populations
- Identifying risk factors for suicide, including access to lethal means
- Identifying strategies to support farmers and ranchers experiencing mental stress
Registration is available at https://learning.agrisafe.org/cart.
The Cook County Farm Bureau Foundation is pleased to offer a $150 scholarship to Cook County licensed healthcare providers who take the course. To receive the scholarship, individuals should contact Bona Heinsohn at [email protected] and provide the following
- Proof of course payment
- Certificate of course completion
Scholarships will be provided upon completion of the training. Licensed healthcare providers do not have be to Cook County Farm Bureau members. Preference will be given to healthcare providers serving Cook County residents.
For questions or additional information, please contact the Cook County Farm Bureau at 708-354-3276.